The Summer 2011 examination of IEI shall be conducted in 63 examination centers both in India and abroad during june 4-10 , 2011 as per the programme .
Application submitted during the period mentioned hereunder shall only br considered for summer 2011 examination .
Candidate not appeared at February 14 to
Winter 2010 Eaminaton March 21, 2011
Candidates appeared at March 21 to
Winter 2010 Examination April 18, 2011
A Candidate shall not be allowed to appear in the following schemes exceeding the number of subjects as mentioned against each scheme:
Section A ( Non-Diploma ) 4 Subject
Section A ( Diploma ) All Subjects
Examination Form is available in the Membership Pack as well as website of IEI the photocopy of the examination form shall be accepted only if copied clearly on A-A size bond paper . the examination form duly filled-in should be sent directly to the head quarter on the institution with requiditwe fee.
Submissio0n of examination form after the last date shallbe rejected automatically . plea of ignorance in this respect shall not be accepted under any circumstances .
In the case of non-reciept of the result of winter 2010 Examination for any reason whatsoever , candidates should submit the forms within the stipulated date mentioning the subject in order of preferences , including the subject appeared at the last examination. In such case , the subjects will weallotted giving preferences , to the choice of subject but exluding the exemption , if any and permitting to appear in the next subject available to in the wequential order of the subject code .
Examination fee shall be refunded only to passed candidates as per rules.
Time Limit to carry forward subject s exemption
A candidate shall be required to pass the institution examination within a specific period as mentioned hereunder:
Section A:6 Years Section B: 6 Years
Genera Information About The Institution Examination
1. Only one form should be submitted . submission of more than one form may cause automatic rejection of application . fee will not be refunded or adjusted for submission of duplicate Examination Form.
2. Each Application , accompanied by exact Examination fee for admission to the examination , should reach on or before the last date of submission of forms,Examination fee once pais is neither refundable nor transferable to the subsequent examination or to any other account.
3. Examination fee ( Rs.2,000/-) should be pais by online through credit cards or by demand draft . any other fee along with the examination fee. Do not staple the draft along with the letter /examination form. Use gems or Pin only
4. Forms are to be sent only to the Secretary & Director General , The Institution of Engineers( India ), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata 700 020 , and also accompany the fee by Draft drawn on Bank at Kolkata in Favour of The Institution of Engineers ( India ) . Particulars of the draft / online payment should be mentiones in the form at appropriate place.
Name and membership number of the candidate must be mentioned on the reverse side of the draft.
5. Candidate intend to appear in section A /sectio0n B must use the examination Application form given in the enrolment pack or available on the website of Head Quarter .
6. All payment must be made directly to the Head Quarter at Kolkata by online through credit card or by Demend draft only . Cheques , IPOs, money orders are not accepted.
7. The detail of passing SectionA and Section B Examination or exemptionthereform should be stated clearly in the Examination form with the grade of membership.
8. A candidate should mention the correct code numbers of the examination centers , branch and subject(s)in which he/she desire to appear in the Examination Application Form.Wrong code numbers of centers , bracnch or subject(s ) , if mentioned in the form , will automatically result in allotment of the centre or branch of subject(s) to which those code numbers belong.
9. Reapperance in subject(s ) in which a candidates has already secured exemption(s) will be sonsidered as cancelled . the previous exemption(s) stand valis.
10. Candidates normally select the examination centre within the jurisdiction of their respective State/Local Centres. In exceptional circumstances candidates may be permitted to appear from the Centres outside the jurisdiction of their State/Local Centres provided they enclose with their application forms the satisfactory evidence of their being required to appear from other centres. No Application for change of examination centre will be entertaines after the last date of submission of application forms.Appearance from a different centre , without the prior approval of headquarter in writing , shall be considered as irregular.
11. Technician members, who have not paid composite subscription , will not be permitted to apper in the examination .
12. Candidates elected as Senior Technician/Technician members can appear in the immediate next examination after their election , as per fixation of subject to timely submission of their term of examination examination forms with requisite fee.
13. A Candidate should also mention in the Examination Application Form her/his roll number , year and month in which s/he has passed Section A Examination .
14. No Candidate shall be allowed to appear at the examination without the valid Identity Card. A candidate , who has not yet applied for Identity Card , is required to apply and collect the same before the commencement of examination .
15.A Corporate member or an Associate desiring to appear in additional subject is expected to apply for an Identity Card , Duly filled in and attested by a Corporate Member , enclosing a Demand draft of Rs.125/-at least two month prior to examination . Such Candidates desiring to appear in additional branch are expected to apply for registration in section B Examination in the prescribed format or can be downloaded from the website of Head Quarter ( www.ieindia.info) and send along with registration fee of Rs.3,000/-( US $ 200 For overseas Candidates ) by demand draft. The application with fee must be sent at least three month prior to the commencement of examination .
16. A Corporate Member or an Associate , who has already passed Section A and B examination or is exempted therefrom , will only be permitted to appear in any one additional branch of engineering in section B on payment of examination fee of Rs.2,000/- or US $ 120 ( as Applicable ) in each examination subject to fulfilling the requirement. The candidates , who passed Section B Examination in one branch in revised scheme shall be eligible to claim exemption in common subjects (s) of same nomenclature in the additional branch , provided theysecure Grade ‘C’ or Higher Grade in such subject(s).
17. A Corporate Member or an Associate , who has already passed Section A B Examination or is exempted therefrom , will only be permitted to appear in additional subject(S) of section A or Section B on Payment of an examination fee of Rs.500/- per subjects. The Grade secured in the additional subject(s ) will not be added to the original pass result of section A or SEctio nB under any circu,stance.
18. Request of change of subject(s ) shall not be entertaines after submission of Examination From.
The Institution reserves the right to reject income plete or illegible examination forms without any reference to the candidates
19. The charge of Rs.150/- for processing the examination from shall be de ducted while refunding the examination fee. Balance Examination fee will be adjusted to any other account.
21.Any Candidate , who is not eligible to appear at the Institution Examination , will be intimated duly assigning the reason for rejection of his/her examination form.
22.Certain Request , such as , acknowledgement of receipt of examination form, subsequent correction in the form, dispatch of grade card/marksheet to as temporary address, revaluation of answerscript, award of grace marks , etc shall not be entertained.
23. A Candidate , whose name does not appear in the ‘ List of Candidates ‘ provided to an Examination Centre, Will not be allowed to appear at the examination from that centre.
24. In case a candidate claims that in spite of submitting as examination from in conformity with rule , s/he has neither been provided with admission Card nor peovided any information about the rejection of her/his application , a/he can submit a fresh examinatio0n form along with a demand draft of Rs.1,500/- with photocopies of her/his original examination form, details of the demand draft and a copy of the postal receipt , to the officer –in-charge.
25. Mobile and programmable calculator are not permissible in the examination hall.Non-programmable calculator , however, is permitted in the examination hall.
26. For correspondence in regard to any examination , candidate should always mention the membership grade and number , examination in which they appeared , the centre of examination and roll number , phone/mobile number and e-mail ID , if any, for quicker response.