Many of us students or reviewers alike become so perplexed when examinations soon come, and at times we panic because we have not truly prepared for it. We cram and at times we become so blanked out we cannot even answer our test questionnaires. So, how do you truly prepare for an exam?
Here are some few tips to help you prepare for the next academic battle of your life:1. Prepare ahead of time. There is no better substitute than reading your notes early so that you would be better prepared for the exam. Not only will you be more familiar with the terms but it will give you more confidence knowing that you have prepared for it in the first place.
2. Take down your own notes. To each his own, it is really not advisable that you borrow somebody else’s notes since they may have their own style in taking down the notes or a different appreciation of the facts from your own. Besides, writing them down will better aid your memorization skills.
3. Use tools in reviewing for your exam. You can use highlighters to give a word an emphasis, or mnemonics to better remember things that are enumerated.
- What should be the strategy in Examination Hall
- Brief Info About How to prepare for exams?
- Info About Do’s and Don’ts before Examinations
- Tricks For Re-energizing Your Mind During Exams
- Info About How to Understand the Subject Matter in Better Way
4. Join a study group. This is a great way for you guys to have a good exchange of ideas. It will also better improve your memory work and lighten your burden at the same time since you have other people doing other parts of the leg work for you!
5. Relax. A few days before the exam, try to relax. Go out with friends or play a video game just to let off some of the stress and the tension. This will make your mind fresher and relaxed for the mind boggling exams.
6. Eat well and sleep right. C’mon guys, you do not go partying all night and get drunk the night before your exams and expect to pass it now, would you? That would simply be serving your own failure on a silver platter don’t you agree? And it is simply the most stupid thing you can do before an exam. So reserve the partying energy for later. Eat well and try to get a decent sleep.
Don’t be lazy. Success does not favor those who do not aim and work hard for it. Do your part and for sure you will be ready for any kind of exam out there. After all, success will be right at your fingertips if you choose to seize the moment!