A five-member delegation from The Institution of Engineers (India), consisting of Mr Ashok Kumar Basa, President, IEI; Mr S S Rathore, Vice President, WFEO and Immediate Past President, IEI; Mr G Prabhakar, National Member WFEO and Past President, IEI; Mr Navin B Vasoya, Member, FEISCA Executive Committee and Council Member, IEI; and Maj Gen R K Sanan, VSM (Retd), Secretary and Director General, IEI, participated in the WFEO Extended Executive Board Meeting held at UNESCO Building, Paris (France) on April 09-10, 2014.
At the outset, Mr Marwan Abdelhamid, President of WFEO, welcomed all participants and thanked them for their august presence at the Meeting. Mr Marwan then declared the meeting of the WFEO Extended Executive Board open. The Extended WFEO Executive Board accorded its approval of the Agenda for the meeting and then took up the issues, as summarized hereinafter, to follow up the business of the Federation after September 2013 WFEO General Assembly in Singapore and also to prepare for November 2014 WFEO Executive Council and other Meetings at Abuja, Nigeria.
1. The WFEO Treasurer submitted his report and presented the Budget of the Federation for 2014-2015.
2. The WFEO Marketing Task Group discussed means of highlighting the brand name of WFEO and stressed the importance of the activities of Standing Technical Committees (STCs) of WFEO.
3.The Chairs of STCs and other interested WFEO Executive Council Members met to review the feasible expectations of results of STCs’ efforts and to comment on the new tools and guidelines for STCs to make their activities known to members and the public. 4. The Reports of the President’s Working Group and the Task Force on WFEO Governing Documents were discussed and their recommendations were approved.
5. The report on the administration of WFEO Website was presented to the members. There was a policy decision on empowering the WFEO Website Editorial Board to edit the contents of the Website.
6. The Chairs of various Standing Technical Committees of WFEO, namely, Committee on Engineering and the Environment (WFEO-CEE), Committee on Energy (WFEO-CE), Committee on Engineering Capacity Building (WFEO-CECB), Committee on Education in Engineering (WFEO-CEIE), Committee on Information and Communication (WFEO-CIC), Committee on Disaster Risk Management (WFEO-DRM), Committee on Anti-Corruption (WFEO-CAC), Committee on Engineering for Innovative Technologies (WFEO-CEIT), Committee on Women in Engineering (WFEO-WIE), and Committee on Young Engineers / Future Leaders (WFEO-YE/FL) presented their Committees’ Progress Reports.
7. Mr S S Rathore, Chair of the WFEO-CEIT, presented a detailed report on the activities of the Committee, which is presently hosted by The Institution of Engineers (India). Mr Rathore highlighted that the Committee has taken up the task of propagating the aspects of the technologies by reaching out to the people among the rural areas, especially in underdeveloped and developing countries. Wide publicity through video presentations, distribution of handbills and bulletins, if required, in the local languages is being resorted to, which is being well received by the target groups. 8. The Chair of the WFEO-UN Relations Committee presented the Terms of Reference of this Committee and commented on the work done so far. The WFEO Extended Executive Board meeting was followed by the Networking Dinner which was hosted at the UNESCO Building for the attendees.
I hope you like my Post on IEI Delegation Participates in WFEO Extended Executive Board Meeting at Paris If you like it, do me a favour by sharing it with your friends.You can also follow AMIE Info on Facebook and Google+.