IEI Guidelines For AMIE Project Work
As per IEI guideline a AMIE candidate can do AMIE Project Work after securing minimum C grade in 5 subjects in section B.Guideline of IEI for AMIE Project Work are as Follow.
1. A AMIE candidates can do project work only after securing minimum grade ‘C’ in five subjects in an engineering branch of section B after getting C grade in five subject Institution of Engineers(I) will send you prescribed format for project work and laboratory experiment along with your grade card.
the prescribed format shall be returned duly filled-in by the candidates within stipulated period of time.
2. On receipt of the application, a candidates shall be intimated the name and address of the project guide, who in turn shall assign the project work to the candidate.
3. Full marks for project work is 100. there will be internal as well as external evaluation of the project work. minimum grade for passing for project work is grade B. the internal evaluation will be carried out by the project guide based on the project report submitted by the AMIE candidate to project guide. A AMIE candidate have to submit two copies of project report one to project guide and another one is Headquarter of the IE(I). external evaluation of project evaluation of project work is done by committee of IE(i). AMIE candidate have to complete project work within 6 month after passing all theoretical subject of section B as per the scheme. In the case candidate fail to pass the project work then candidate should re-registered for project work with prescribed fee.
4. In the case of death of project guide or change of his address affecting the facility to contact between him and candidate , the candidate shall inform to the chairman of his State/Local Centre for an alternate Project guide.
5. A Amie candidate shall required to maintain a daily and to prepare a self-assessment report in the prescribed format pertaining to the work undertaken by him as assigned by the project guide.
Please explain AMIE Project work/Lab procedure.
Full marks for the project work will be 100 (one hundred).
There will be internal as well as external evaluation of the project work.
Minimum aggregate for passing project work will be grade ‘B’.
The internal evaluation will be carried out by the project guide based on the project report submitted by the candidate to him. One copy of the project report will be submitted by the candidate to the project guide and another copy to the Headquarters of the Institution.
External evaluation will be done by a Committee. In case a candidate fails to pass the project work in one or more attempts, he shall be required to re-register again for the same with the prescribed fee.
AMIE Project work shall be required to be completed within the stipulated period of 6 (six) years.
Project work and ten laboratory experiments are conducted after passing 5 subjects of Section B.
A list of Engg colleges is updated from time to time by IEI, Kolkata which includes names of Engg colleges where you can conduct lab experiment.
All the related documents for conducting lab experiments and project work will be sent by IEI at your address when you clear 5 subjects.
You will receive two letters/forms. One containing name of project guide and another is a form with list of colleges. You have to fill college name in the form and send it to IEI, Kolkata.
Fee for Project Work is Rs. 3000/- ($200 for overseas students) and that of AMIE Lab Experiments is Rs. 7000/- ($400 for overseas students)
You have to select 10 lab experiments from five groups (two from each group).
when to apply for AMIE Project/Laboratory work?
Just after passing five subjects in AMIE (Section B). You will get related form from IEI. On receipt of the same, candidates are expected to send the separate application forms for AMIE laboratory experiments and AMIE project work. Fee for AMIE Project Work is Rs. 3000/- ($200 for overseas students) and that of AMIE Lab Experiments is Rs. 7000/- ($400 for overseas students)
What if I fail in AMIE Project/Lab Work?
In case a student fails to obtain the required grade in the project work in one or more attempts, he shall be required to re-register again for the same with the prescribed fee of Rs. 3,000.00/US $ 200. Read page number 2 of this guide.
In case a student is not able to complete required number of laboratory experiments and obtain grade ‘B’ in one or more attempts, he shall be required to re-register again for the same with prescribed fee (Rs. 7000.00/US $ 400). Read page number 5 of this guide.
My name has appeared in the AMIE lab exp list. Should I contact concerned college or wait for letter to come from IEI.
As a rule, you should wait for letter. However, you may contact HOD of concerned college with printout of page in which your name appeared. If HOD is cooperative, he may allow for AMIE lab work.
Should we send original project certificate and lab experiments certificate to IEI?
No. You should send Xerox of these to IEI. Keep originals with you.
Have applied for AMIE Project/Lab. How shall I know that I have been allotted project guide?
You may visit www.ieindia.org for latest list or try this link for the AMIE Project/Lab Students List
I have got C grade in 7 subjects and D grade (in last attempt) in remaining two subjects in AMIE (Section B) exams. Got H grades in both Lab and project work. Even then I am not declared pass. Why?
For PASS, you must get B grades in few subjects, to make total GPA equal to 6 or more. Grades of AMIE Lab/Project work will not be included in this GPA calculation.
Have got grade “D” in one subject in just concluded AMIE exam of section B. I have passed all other subjects with total GPA more than 6. My lab is submitted but project is not submitted. Should I appear in the subject in which I got grade “D”?
No. Grades of AMIE Project work and Lab experiments are considered in CGPA (not in GPA). So if your project/lab is not submitted and you got grade D in latest attempt (provided GPA is over 6), you need not appear in any subject. just wait till your project/lab is submitted (both internal and external) so that CGPA can be awarded. Afterwards, you will be declared pass.