Info About IEI Grading System for AMIE Exam-: After the Revised Scheme of IEI since Summer 2005 IEI removed marking scheme and introduced grading system as . As we knows that most of the universities adopted grading system instead of marks.Grading System of IEI with respect to range of Marks are as follow.
Grading System Range of Marks
(Out of 100) Grade Symbol GPA
≥ 75 H 10
66-74 A 9
60-65 B 8
50-59 C 6
35-49 D 5
For Example if you got more than 75 marks in any subject then you will get H grade and your point for that subject will be 10.
- Recognition of AMIE Exam in India and Abroad
- Why AMIE is Best Option For Working Professionals For Further Education
Notes: Only grade will be provided in individual subjects.
- In the pass mark sheets of Sections A/B examinations, apart from grade in individual subjects, GPA (Grade Point Average) will also be provided.
- For a complete pass in Section A or in Section B, minimum GPA shall be 6.
- Full marks in each subject including project work and laboratory experiments : 100
- Minimum grade for exemption in each subject : Grade C
- Minimum grade for passing project work : Grade B
- Minimum grade for passing laboratory experiments : Grade B
- Reappearance is not permissible in the subject (s) in which grade C and above is obtained in an examination.
Score of grade ‘D’ in one subject of Section A (Diploma) or two subjects of Section A (Non-diploma)/Section B is only considered in the last attempt provided all the subjects in the scheme are covered with minimum grade point being 6.No division or class is awarded once the complete passing of either AMIE Section A or B.
INTRODUCTION OF CUMULATIVE GPA
Candidates Passing Sections A and B Examinations in Revised Scheme
Grade points of all subjects required to appear to complete the entire course, including laboratory experiments and project work, shall be divided by the number of subjects to arrive at the CGPA. This shall only be indicated in the pass grade card of Section B.
Candidates Passed Section A in Old Scheme and Section B in Revised Scheme
Candidates, who have completed Section A in old scheme securing specific marks in all required subjects and subsequently completed Section B in revised scheme securing specific grades in required subjects, CGPA shall be calculated by converting marks of individual subjects of Section A to grade points and then adding grade points of all subjects of Section A, Section B, project work, and laboratory experiments and divided by the number of applicable subjects. No separate grade card for Section A, which is already completed in old scheme, shall be issued.
Candidates Exempted from Section A, by virtue of Passing Sections A & B Examinations earlier, and passed Section B in Additional Branch in Revised Scheme.
- How To Calculate the Percentage of Marks From AMIE CGPA
- How Self Study is Important for AMIE Aspirants
Such candidates shall be considered similar to those who obtained exemption from Section A by virtue of passing degree in engineering from the recognized university. CGPA for them shall be calculated adding the grade points obtained in required number of subjects in Section B, project work and laboratory experiments and dividing by number of applicable subjects.
If you like this post please share with your AMIE Friends. .You can follow AMIE Info on Facebook andGoogle+ . You can also Subscribe to AMIE INFO Newsletter and get latest AMIE updates directly to your email inbox.
Section-:A Recommended Books-:
- Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing Paperback – 2016
- Materials Science And Engineering 13th edition (Paperback)
- Computing And Informatics Paperback – 2010
- Society and Environment 24th Edition Paperback – 2012
Section-:A Question Paper Solution-:
- AMIE – Section – (A) Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing (AD-301,AN-201) Diploma Solved and Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 2005
- AMIE – Section – (A) Materials Science And Engineering Diploma Solved And Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 2005
- AMIE – Section – (A) Computing and Informatics (AD-303,AN-203) Diploma Solved and Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 31 Dec 2012
- AMIE – Section – (A) Society and Environment (AD-304,AN-204) Diploma Solved and Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 2005