Re-conduct of Section B Examination in Architectural Engineering
Pursuant to the decision of the Council, it has been decided to conduct Section B Examination in Architectural Engineering with effect from Summer 2012 Examination (03 – 10 Jun 2012). The examination will be conducted as per approved syllabi of Architectural Engineering by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, vide its notification dated 16 Jan 2006.
1. B.E./B.Tech. degree holders in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering disciplines may apply to become Associate/Corporate member to become eligible to appear in additional branch in Architectural Engineering. After their election as Associate/Corporate member, they will be exempted to appear in Section A examination
and would be eligible to submit their application for registration of Section B examination with requisite fee.
2. Associate/corporate members interested to appear in additional branch in Architectural Engineering would be exempted to appear in Section A examination of the Institution and eligible to register for Section B Examination.
3. Diploma holders in Architectural Assistantship/Civil/Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering are eligible to become Senior Technician members provided they studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, and Engineering Drawing and Graphics in the diploma courses approved by AICTE. After their election as Senior Technician members and passing Section A (Diploma) examination, they would be eligible to opt Architectural Engineering in Section B examination.
4. ST/T members, already pursuing Section B examination in any other branch of engineering, can apply for change of registration of Section B in Architectural Engineering. They will get six years period afresh to pass Section B examination.
- How AMIE is Not less than a B.Tech Degree ?
- How to do AMIE After B.Tech in Additional Branch of Engineering
The filled-in proforma for registration of Section B, available on IEI website, with a demand draft of Rs.3000/- (US$ 200 for overseas candidates) be sent so as to reach in the Headquarters office at Kolkata by 15 Mar 2012.
5. ST/T members, who will pass Section A examination in Winter 2011 examination, can opt Architectural Engineering for Section B while submitting their Section B Registration Form with requisite fee.
Rules, Syllabi, Examination Forms, etc. A copy of Rules & Syllabi (Vols. 1 & 2), of IEI examination and other examination-related forms may be obtained by writing a letter, with complete mailing address and membership number, to Director (Finance) with a demand draft of Rs.600/- (US$ 60 for overseas candidates) in favour of ‘The Institution of Engineers (India)’ payable at Kolkata. Other Relevant Information.
- Advantages of AMIE and Scope After AMIE Completion
- Info About The Profession of Engineering and AMIE Involvement
• Passout candidates in Architectural Engineering will be eligible to practice as an Architectural Engineer not as an Architect, registered with the
Council of Architecture. Therefore, approval of the course by the Council of Architecture does not arise.
• The duration of examination for the subject ‘Architectural Design’ will be of 3 hours only.
I hope you like my Post do me a favour by sharing it with your AMIE friends. .You can also follow AMIE Info on Facebook and Google+.