Dissemination and updating of engineering and technological knowledge and diffusion among its members, the information on all matters affecting engineering, through Technical Activities, such as seminars, symposia, continuing education courses, workshops, paper meetings, conventions, conferences, etc at both national and international levels;
- Providing access to R & D activities and engineering practices through engineering and technological disciplines;
- Focusing on new developments, techniques, products, processes and other issues of topical interest;
Highlighting emerging engineering and technological scenario through comprehensive coverage in the tabloid IEI News published monthly along with authoritative discourses and state-of-the-art reviews on specialized engineering issues in the Technorama published annually;
Extending engineering information and library services at its Headquarters and at the State and Local Centres;
Inculcating and promoting amongst engineers and technologists a growing commitment to the social objectives of the profession;
- Fostering national and international cooperation in engineering and technology;
- Acting as an accreditation body for courses in engineering;
Acting as qualifying body and conducting examinations under its non-formal education programme, to cater to the needs and aspirations of prospective entrants to the profession.
Recording appreciation of and extending recognition to individual achievements and activities in advancing the art and science of engineering and technology.
- Engineering Staff College of India (ESCI) for providing continuing education;
National Design and Research Forum (NDRF) to encourage design talents in engineering and technology;
Rural Development Forum (RDF) to encourage and promote multifaceted development of rural India;
Water management forum (WMF) to promote and advance the engineering and practice of water resources managements in its totality; and
The sustainable Development Forum (SDF) for expression of authoritative views on technologies for sustainable development and for enunciating practical solutions to the problems faced by India.
Safety and Quality Forum (SQF) to address the aspect of safety and quality in engineering profession.
Membership of The Institution of Engineers (India)
Privileges of Corporate Members
Scope for enhancement of leadership qualities and improvement of skills by participating in continuing education programmes offered at the ESCI as well as at State and Local Centres of The Institution of Engineers (India);
Opportunities to gain and update knowledge and experience and access to information in a variety of engineering and technology disciplines through participation in seminars, symposia, conventions, work-shops, etc at national, regional and local levels;
- Availability of The Institution of Engineers (India)’s Journals, technical monographs, papers, conference proceedings, etc;
- Entitled to receive ‘IEI News’ and ‘Technorama’, the colour supplements to the Journal, free of charge;
- Access to web-based e-groups for professional interaction;
Access to the Engineering Information Service Centre at the Headquarters as well as at the State and Local Centres of The Institution of Engineers (India);
Access to the know-how and ideas from fellow members and professional leaders about ongoing R & D work in various areas and to standards, specifications and codes for development and transfer of technology;
Opportunities to contribute knowledge and experience as arbitrators in arbitrations relating to engineering jobs / services;
Opportunities to get facilities and benefits while abroad through other professional bodies with whom institution has bilateral relations;
Opportunities to participate in international conferences, and meet specialist engineers and technologists from the world over; and
- Facilities of retiring rooms at the Headquarters and at the Centers at concessional rates.
Engineering Divisions of The Institution of Engineers (India)
- Aerospace Engineering Division
- Agricultural Engineering Division
- Architectural Engineering Division
- Chemical Engineering Division
- Civil Engineering Division
- Computer Engineering Division
- Electrical Engineering Division
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Division
- Environmental Engineering Division
- Marine Engineering Division
- Mechanical Engineering Division
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Division
- Mining Engineering Division
- Production Engineering Division
- Textile Engineering Division
If you like this post please share with your AMIE Friends. .You can follow AMIE Info on Facebook and Google+ . You can also Subscribe to AMIE INFO Newsletter and get latest AMIE updates directly to your email inbox.