- Only grade will be provided in individual subjects.
- In the pass mark sheets of Sections A/B examinations, apart from grade in individual subjects, GPA (Grade Point Average) will also be provided.
- For a complete pass in Section A or in Section B, minimum GPA shall be 6.
- Full marks in each subject including project work and laboratory experiments : 100
- Minimum grade for exemption in each subject : Grade C
- Minimum grade for passing project work : Grade B
- Minimum grade for passing laboratory experiments : Grade B
- Reappearance is not permissible in the subject (s) in which grade C and above is obtained in an examination.
Score of grade ‘D’ in one subject of Section A (Diploma) or two subjects of Section A (Non-diploma)/Section B is only considered in the last attempt provided all the subjects in the scheme are covered with minimum grade point being 6.
No division or class is awarded.
Cumulative GPA (CGPA) In AMIE Exams
Candidates Passing Sections A and B Examinations in Revised Scheme.
Grade points of all subjects required to appear to complete the entire course, including laboratory experiments and project work, shall be divided by the number of subjects to arrive at the CGPA. This shall only be indicated in the pass grade card of AMIE (Section B). This also includes Lab experiments and Project work.
Candidates Passed Section A in Old Scheme and Section B in Revised Scheme
Candidates, who have completed Section A in old scheme securing specific marks in all required subjects and subsequently completed Section B in revised scheme securing specific grades in required subjects, CGPA shall be calculated by converting marks of individual subjects of Section A to grade points and then adding grade points of all subjects of Section A, Section B, project work, and laboratory experiments and divided by the number of applicable subjects. No separate grade card for Section A, which is already completed in old scheme, shall be issued.
Candidates Exempted from Section A, by virtue of Passing Sections A & B Examinations earlier, and passed Section B in Additional Branch in Revised Scheme
Such candidates shall be considered similar to those who obtained exemption from Section A by virtue of passing degree in engineering from the recognized university. CGPA for them shall be calculated adding the grade points obtained in required number of subjects in Section B, project work and laboratory experiments and dividing by number of applicable subjects.
Grade “D” Criteria In AMIE Exams
Grade “D” In AMIE Exams
Most of the AMIE students are confused in grade “D” criteria by Institution of Engineers (India).
For PASS, you must get B grade in at least one subject (Section A, Diploma Stream) to make total GPA equal to 6 or more.
Grade D will be considered in latest attempt only.
It will not be carried over.
GPA: H = 10, A = 9, B = 8, C = 6, D = 5 In GPA calculation, grades of Lab/Project are not considered.
(1) Section A: C and C in attempt one, C and D in attempt two (D in latest attempt). You have to reappear in subject with D grade Reason: GPA = (6 + 6 + 6 + 5)/4 = 23/4 < 6 (It must be equal or more than 6 for pass)
(2) Section A: C and D in attempt one, C and B in attempt two. Grade “D” will not be considered as not is latest attempt(here attempt two). This is despite the fact that GPA is more than 6.
(3) Section A: C, C, B, D (D in latest attempt). PASS Reason: GPA = (6 + 6 + 8 + 5)/4 = 25/4 > 6 (Pass as GPA is greater than 6)
(4) Section A: C, C, C, C. PASS
(5) Section B: C,C,C,C,C,C,B,D,D > PASS Reason: (6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 8 + 5 + 5)/9 = 54/9 = 6 (Pass as GPA is 6)
(6) Section B: C,C,C,C,C,B,B,D,D > PASS
(7) Section B: A + C + H + C +C +*(B +C +D+ D) * Last Attempt (without Lab and Project) > PASS but, result will be declared after you submit lab and project report (externally and internally)