IEI Grant-in-Aid Solar-powered Tricycle for Physically Challenged Persons-: A solar-powered tricycle, for physically challenged persons, has been developed by a group of engineering students of Sagi Rama Krishnam Raju (SRKR) Engineering College, Bhimavaram, Andhra Pradesh, under the R&D Grant-in-Aid scheme of IEI. This tricycle is expected to provide the disabled with mobility like any normal person.
The students developed the vehicle over a period of six months with a financial help extended by The Institution of Engineers (India), under the guidance and support of Dr V Durga Prasad, Professor, Civil Engineering Department, SRKR Engineering College and a Corporate Member of IEI. The students involved in the project were Vivek, Lokesh, Bhavishya, Sudha, Chandini and Sadgun, all from the Department of Mechanical Engineering of SRKR Engineering College.
- List of Awards Given By Institution of Engineers ( India )
- IEI and IETE Joins Hand Together For Better Future
The battery fitted tricycle can carry two persons and run at a speed of 15-20 km/h. It is totally eco-friendly and pollution free. A few physically challenged students of the SRKR Engineering College have reportedly been using this solar-power based tricycle presently. This type of tricycle can be manufactured commercially which is expected to provide much-needed relief to the physically challenged.
I hope you like my Post, If you like it do me a favour by sharing it with your friends. You may consider to AMIE Info Newsletter for latest AMIE Info directly to your E-mail Inbox. You can also follow AMIE Info on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
Section-:A Recommended Books-:
- Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing Paperback – 2016
- Materials Science And Engineering 13th edition (Paperback)
- Computing And Informatics Paperback – 2010
- Society and Environment 24th Edition Paperback – 2012
Section-:A Question Paper Solution-:
- AMIE – Section – (A) Fundamentals of Design and Manufacturing (AD-301,AN-201) Diploma Solved and Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 2005
- AMIE – Section – (A) Materials Science And Engineering Diploma Solved And Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 2005
- AMIE – Section – (A) Computing and Informatics (AD-303,AN-203) Diploma Solved and Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 31 Dec 2012
- AMIE – Section – (A) Society and Environment (AD-304,AN-204) Diploma Solved and Unsolved Paper (Summer,2016) Paperback – 2005