GATE is a gateway to prestigious careers for Graduate Engineers.
1. GATE is mandatory for pursuing M.Tech, MS in prestigious institutes viz.IISc, Bangalore, IITs, NITs and other universities.
2. A good GATE – Rank assures a good job. If you have a good rank in GATE, you can join IISc, IITs etc., where very good campus placements are available with attractive salary packages.The salary packages range from Rs. 6.0 lakh to Rs. 30 lakh per annum for M.Techs depending upon the specialization and performance.
3. GATE provides another opportunity for those who failed earlier to crackIIT – JEE and still have a cherished dream of studying in IITs. By securing a good rank in GATE, you can join IITs for M.Tech/MS
4. Some of the prestigious organizations like BARC, Mumbai call for interviews for scientist jobs, based on GATE score/percentiles. Those who get good GATE scores are generally selected.
5. As per AICTE norms, a B.Tech graduate is eligible for the Asst. professor post in an engineering college, if the candidate is qualified in GATE with a minimum 75 percentile.
6. You will get a UGC scholarship of Rs.5000/- per month (being revised to Rs 8000/-) if you are qualified in GATE and studying M Tech in any college, based on GATE score.
7. If you have good rank in GATE, you can try for admission in P.G Diploma in industrial. Engg in NITIE, Mumbai, one of the best institute for management courses after IIMs. Here, the campus placements are excellent and very attractive salary packages are available..
8. If you don’t have first class in engineering, it will be a hurdle to apply for some of the jobs where a minimum 1st class is required. You can overcome this obstacle by doing M.Tech in a premier institute by securing a good GATE rank.
9. In some of the universities in abroad (Singapore etc.), financial aid is
offered for pursuing MS if a student possesses a good GATE rank.
10. If you desire to excel in research and development, it is advisable to join M.Tech/MS in IISc Bangalore or IITs and continue for Ph.D.